Pajamas for Peace contributes to the well-being of our planet through sustainably produced products which are made from environmentally-friendly textiles. Our products are made from sustainably grown fibers such as Pima cotton, organic cotton and 100% cotton.
Ethical Sourced Products and Responsibly Produced
Pajamas for Peace works with manufacturers who are certified and have ethical practices throughout the supply chain and whose labor practices are fair to their employees.
Harvested with Care
What is Pima Cotton?
Pima cotton is a super soft cotton made from longer cotton fibers. It produces a smooth fabric that’s soft to the touch, wrinkle-resistant, and ultra-durable. Pima cotton fibers measure between 1.4 to 2 inches in length, while conventional cotton fibers measure up to 1.1 inches long. Pima cotton fabric is softer and more durable than a shorter staple cotton.
Manufacturers say that Pima cotton has a 50% longer life expectancy than other cotton products. It’s also good for those with sensitive skin!
GOTS Certified Organic Cotton
What is GOTS certified Organic Cotton?
The aim of the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is to define requirements to ensure organic status of textiles, from harvesting of the raw materials, through environmentally and socially responsible manufacturing up to labeling in order to provide a credible assurance to the end consumer.
GOTS is recognized as the world's leading processing standard for textiles made from organic fibers. It defines high-level environmental criteria along the entire organic textiles supply chain.
Criteria for GOTS certified Organic Cotton Products:
- At all stages through the processing organic fiber products must be separated from conventional fiber products and must to be clearly identified
- All chemical inputs (e.g. dyes, auxiliaries and process chemicals) must be evaluated and meeting basic requirements on toxicity and biodegradability/eliminability
- Prohibition of critical inputs such as toxic heavy metals, formaldehyde, aromatic solvents, functional nano particles, genetically modified organisms (GMO) and their enzymes
- The use of synthetic sizing agents is restricted; knitting and weaving oils must not contain heavy metals
- Bleaches must be based on oxygen (no chlorine bleaching)
- Azo dyes that release carcinogenic amine compounds are prohibited
- Discharge printing methods using aromatic solvents and plastisol printing methods using phthalates and PVC are prohibited
- Restrictions for accessories (e.g. no PVC, nickel or chrome permitted)
- All operators must have an environmental policy including target goals and procedures to minimize waste and discharges
- Packaging material must not contain PVC. Paper or cardboard used in packaging material, hang tags, swing tags etc. must be recycled or certified according to FSC or PEFC
Universal Design and Adaptive Clothing
Our products are designed with a universal design framework to be inclusive, sensory-friendly, and with the intention of fostering independence. We pride ourselves in meeting the needs of parents who are facing everyday challenges in dressing and caring for their loved ones with disabilities.
- Our pajamas are the softest cotton fibers (choose from Pima, GOTS certified organic and 100% cotton)
- Outside pockets
Best Practices and a mission of teaching and Promoting Peace
We believe in using evidenced based research to drive our mission of promoting peace and in our designs.
Research shows a strong connection between a child’s early experiences and development. Early years of life can provide a strong foundation for learning.